Seeking a Network Engineer for long term role located in Heraklion, Crete. Ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of basic networking and hardware configurations and core operating systems and be able to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
– Install, configure and administer a Windows, Windows Server and Linux operating systems
– Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
– Racking and mounting IT equipment
– Loading OS and troubleshooting server hardware/connectivity
– Assembly of server and network equipment cabinets
– Inventory and labeling of all equipment and cabling
In Addition, the Network Technician/Engineer will:
– Provide on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of various computer and networking systems
– Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
– Perform upgrades, configuration maintenance, and repairs of system hardware and software
– Be responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, administrating and maintaining Servers and Workstations
– Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
– Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
– Responsible for server implementation, support and decommissioning.
– Complete cabling and cable organization per Client standards.
– Understand and troubleshoot ADSL connections
– Terminate ethernet cabling.
– Provide as built drawings in Visio or Autocad
– Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation IP protocols TCP, UDP, RTP
– Installs telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, firewalls
– Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
– Configure systems and network devices
– Ability to understand basic TCP/IP protocol, and sub-netting
– A knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
– Functional knowledge of network and network hardware is required.
– Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks
– Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
– Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, network switch/port configuration, server decommissioning
– Server and network cabinet layout, equipment cabling, and installation
– Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
– Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
– Understanding of networking and PC IP configuration
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
– University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
– Valid driver’s license
– Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment
– ESX, Linux, UNIX knowledge and experience working within complex technical environments is a bonus, but hardware understanding critical.
– Education and/or certifications related to communications technology preferred – MTCNA
– Knowledge of Mikrotik routers highly valued